Computer numerical control machining is a manufacturing process ideal for different kinds of industries like aerospace, agriculture, automotive, and construction. This process will help to generate a wide range of products like surgical equipment, garden tools, automobile frames, and airplane engines.
The operations include different computer-controlled machining processes like thermal, mechanical, electrical, and chemical that eliminates the needed materials from the workpiece to generate a custom-designed part. Below are some of the typical mechanical machining operations:
For most industries, precision and higher output are top priorities. With the use of CNC for metal drilling applications, companies can achieve both when drilling holes or other shapes at a specific length and diameter, as long as their products or tool with a universal set of parts that ensure performance, reliability, and safety for all users.
Below are some of the Benefits of CNC Drilling Machines
- CNC drilling machines are accurate. It has provided companies in various industries with various returns, such as increased productivity, optimized production lines, and low expenses.
- CNC drilling can accept multiple bits. As operators may require to use various types of drilling machine, they can equip the equipment with different bits.
- Other machines include a tool turret for quicker shuffling between bits.
- Producing identical batches of products is easy for CNC drilling. The challenges become amplified for custom machining projects. The problems are solved that lead to consistent production of imperfection-free products.
- Drilling machines are also easy-to-use for users, reduces the possibility of committing errors.
In CNC milling, the machinists can cut the material on five axes, creating shapes that were unattainable through conventional manual methods. The process involves feeding the item to the cutting tool in a similar direction as the tool’s rotation. In the manual milling its the other way around. The workpiece is fed in the opposite direction to the cutting tool’s rotation.
Some of the benefits of CNC Milling
- This process is very accurate. You can get the exact match of measurements as dictated in your CAM or CAD file. The level of precision provides you several benefits like higher productivity and less material waste.
- It offers excellent versatility. And because of this, it can handle projects with various degrees of complexities and parameters with accuracy. Most milling machines have through-spindle coolant and other essential accessories.
This CNC machining process uses single-point cutting tools to remove material from the rotating workpiece. In this process the machine feeds the cutting tool in a linear motion in the surface of the rotating workpiece, eliminating material in the circumference until you achieved the desired diameter, to create cylindrical parts with internal and external features like tapers, threads, and slots.