All smart Arlo security cameras are specially designed to update its firmware automatically. In this article, we will guide you with the set of steps to update the firmware of Arlo security camera manually if it fails to go via the auto-update process.
It becomes essential to update the firmware of Arlo to the latest version of technology for its assured efficient working. After the Arlo setup process, all Arlo cameras go through the auto-update process. They are specially designed to perform auto-update between 3 to 5 a.m (ante meridiem). to make sure that the downtime remains less. While upgrading the firmware update process users won’t be able to access the live streaming. But the camera keeps on recording and detects the movements and sounds depending on its number of enabled modes.
While updating the firmware of an Arlo Go camera the cellular data is used. All minor updates take place for once within three months. Also, note this down that the major updates take place only once in a year. The Minor updates may consume data up to 8 MegaByte (MB) and the major updates can consume data up to 52 MegaByte (MB).
The steps for updating the firmware manually of Arlo Q Plus, Arlo Q, and Arlo Go and camera may vary from Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Ultra, and Arlo security camera slightly. In this article, we will provide you the separate process to update the firmware of all these Arlo security cameras to the latest version.
Following are the Arlo support steps for manually updating the firmware of Arlo Q, Arlo Go and Arlo Q Plus security cameras:
- Pull up an Arlo app. If the application is not installed, then access the arlo.com login account via web address from an internet browser from a device (computer or laptop) that is connected with the active and live internet connection.
- Enter and submit the Arlo log in credentials to access the Arlo camera login
- As soon as the Arlo account loads up, locate the “Settings” menu and click on it.
- Within the settings menu, click on “My Devices” tab.
- A list of connected devices will display on the screen. Click on the Arlo camera whose firmware needs to be updated.
- After selecting the camera, click on “Device Info” option.
- Now, under “Device Information” click on the “Firmware” and then on “Update” option. Also, make sure that during the update process the Arlo camera is connected properly.
- Wait for some time for the Arlo firmware update completes successfully.
- The LED light on the Arlo camera will become amber and blue in color.
- Once the firmware update is completed successfully, the camera will restart automatically and its LED light will turn OFF.
- After turning ON when the LED light stops flashing, your camera will be ready for streaming.
- If the camera is not connected or its battery compartment is left open then the whole firmware process can halt.
For any assistance, you are always welcome to ask us for Arlo camera support.
Below are the steps for updating the firmware of Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Ultra, and Arlo security camera manually:
- Visit www my arlo com or load up the Arlo app from any internet browser on your computer or laptop.
- Submit the Arlo sign in credentials and open up your Arlo login my account
- Once you are successfully logged in to your account, find the “Settings” menu and tick on it.
- Under the “Settings” menu click on the “My Devices” option.
- A list of registered devices will display. Here, you have to select the Arlo SmartHub to update.
- Click on the “Device Info” option.
- The device information page will appear. Click on “Firmware” and after that, “Update” option. Ensure the camera’s SmartHub is not powered OFF or disconnected while performing the firmware update.
- Wait for a few minutes till the firmware of base station is updated completely. You will notice that the power LED light of base station flashes a green color when the firmware update file is being downloaded.
- Once the firmware update process is completed successfully, the SmartHub will restart and its power LED will become amber. If the power LED and Internet LED light becomes solid green, it means that the firmware update for base station has been completed successfully.
- Repeat the same steps for Arlo camera as well. Click on “Device Info” > “Device Settings” option.
- Under Device Settings menu click on “My Devices” to view the list of registered devices.
- Choose your Arlo camera from the list of available devices.
- Click on the “Device Info” tab and after that, click on the “Firmware” option under it.
- Tick on the “Update” button and ensure that the battery compartment remains closed while the firmware update is under progress.
- Wait for a few minutes for the firmware update process to complete. You might notice that the LED light of your Arlo camera flashes alternatively blue and amber in color till the firmware update file is being downloaded and installed. Once the firmware update file has been downloaded successfully the LED light of your Arlo camera will turn OFF. It will turn on automatically after the new firmware has been installed.
- Once the firmware update completes the camera LED light will start flashing a blue color.
That’s all users need to do for manually updating the firmware of their Arlo security camera. In case, of multiple Arlo security cameras, the same process can be repeated for each of them. The entire procedure has been made simple and easy to understand. Still, in case you find any understanding gap then always feel free to ask for Arlo help at toll-free number 1-855-881-8818.